Position Title: Technology Education Program Assistant
LTE Approximately 400 hours per year
Summary: Teach digital literacy classes to adults and provide technology education for children and youth at various locations throughout Madison and surrounding area.
- Teach digital literacy skills to adults. Classes include basic computer skills including email, office productivity, social media and internet use.
- Facilitate technology education for youth that promotes creativity, self-expression, and fun learning
- Provide learning experiences, guidance and inspiration to help youth and adults approach computers and digital media with enthusiasm and confidence.
- Collaborate on lesson plans that are appropriate for the age and abilities of the participants.
- Employ varying teaching methods for different learning styles and literacy levels.
- Work alongside the Education Coordinator to plan, organize and manage related programs, and perform administrative duties that support programs.
Required Skills and Qualification:
Technical skills: Demonstrated skills and competencies in digital literacy and technology education. Ability to teach introductory workshops on the following topics: email, searching the internet, privacy, security, office productivity software, hardware basics, Window Operating System basics, social media and others.
Other qualifications: Ability to learn new skills. Experience teaching both youth and adult learners. Show respect and sensitivity for cultural and educational differences. Enthusiasm about technology and digital inclusion. Curriculum development.
Transportation: Employee must have regular and reliable transportation to a variety of class sites throughout Madison.
Strongly Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- Bi-lingual English / Spanish
- Demonstrated interest in tinkering and making
- Professional communication skills, both oral and written in English and Spanish
- Post-secondary education in technology or education.
Hours of Work: Will vary greatly depending on employee availability. Must be available some weekday evenings.
Compensation and benefits: This is a LTE, hourly position. The position will pay $20 per hour. The position includes paid planning and travel time.
To Apply: Email a resume by 3/1 to firstname.lastname@example.org to ensure consideration.